Software Engineering, Data Science
Santiago, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
🔔 ZeroFox is officially a public company, and we’re on a mission to make the internet safer. Read more here: http://ow.ly/Iy6K50KbCYo
At ZeroFox, we are passionate about bringing world-class protection to the digital-first world. Together, we have built a system capable of collecting and analyzing data from all over the internet, creating a paradigm-shifting cybersecurity product that helps secure and protect our customers and improves the global threat landscape.
We are a team of software engineers, cybersecurity experts, and data scientists who continue to develop unparalleled solutions for the cyber security industry by providing the best Digital Risk Protection SaaS in the global market. Our company, services, and user base are growing faster than ever and we’d like you to help us innovate. We believe the greatest solutions in the Digital Risk Protection space come from composing teams with varied backgrounds and experiences that can use their complementary skill sets to come up with the best market-defining solutions.
Along the way, you’ll expand your potential with constant opportunities to learn and grow alongside exceptionally knowledgeable, competent, and collaborative people.
If you want to be part of a group of talented, empathic individuals with a multitude of different backgrounds, who are committed to each other and to the overall success of the team and our customers, we want to hear from you! At ZeroFox, soft skills are just as important as technical ability!
Role and responsibilities
- Collaborate with industry experts across security, machine learning, digital risk protection, and cyber threat intelligence to develop cutting-edge analytics solutions for the ZeroFox platform.
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable and reliable data pipelines, ensuring efficient data ingestion, transformation, and storage.
- Work closely with data analysts and machine learning engineers to ensure high-quality data is easily accessible for model development and analysis.
- Implement and maintain data storage and access solutions, championing best practices and ensuring optimal performance.
- Leverage modern data technologies and frameworks, such as BigQuery, Snowflake, Spark, Airflow, and Elastic search to improve data processing capabilities and efficiency.
- Ensure data quality and integrity through the implementation of proper data validation and monitoring techniques.
- Collaborate with your team to prioritize projects based on business impact, aligning with product roadmaps and OKRs.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and emerging technologies in data engineering, incorporating new techniques and tools as appropriate.
- Effectively communicate complex data engineering problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Required qualifications and skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related field.
- Experience in data engineering or related backend engineering, typically obtained in 3+ years.
- Strong understanding of fundamental principles in data engineering, including data pipeline development, data storage, data management, and data access.
- Solid fundamental skills in software engineering.
- Strong understanding of fundamental principles in relational, non-relational, SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Proficient with a variety of data querying languages, especially SQL.
- Experience with data technologies and frameworks, such as BigQuery, Snowflake, Spark, Airflow, Elasticsearch, dbt, Databricks, or similar tools.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, coupled with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage resources effectively.
Desired qualifications and skills
- Prior experience working with data analytics or machine learning teams.
- Understanding of machine learning concepts and the role of data engineering in supporting the development of ML-based solutions.
- Demonstrated success in implementing data engineering solutions that have resulted in measurable business impact.
- Experience working in agile development environments and familiarity with project management methodologies, such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Full flexibility to work from home or office
- Opportunities to learn and contribute your knowledge to our Digital Risk Protection platform
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work hours and competitive PTO
- Complementary health insurance
- Daily catered lunches for in-office work
- Respectful and nourishing work environment, where every opinion is heard and everyone is encouraged to be an active part of the organizational culture.
- Regular team bonding activities like cooking and cocktails classes, bingos, stand up comedy, magic shows, virtual happy hour, lunch and learns, etc.
- Additional Parental Leave
- Training and growth monthly stipend
- Excellent communication: between teams, people, organizations and leaders
- Ready to apply? Visit us at https://www.zerofox.com/careers to find out more and join the best team in the security industry.
- Not ready to apply? Email careers_at_zerofox_dot_com to speak with a member of the team!
ZeroFox’s mission is clear: we protect customers - their data, their assets and their people - across the internet. Through AI-powered technology, global intelligence collection and services provided by a team of expert analysts and threat hunters, we give customers the protection and intelligence needed to disrupt a new era of attacks on the surface, deep and dark web. Now is a great time to join the Fox Den: we recently announced our intent to become a publicly traded company via a merger with L&F Acquisition Corp. and were named a Top Workplace by the Baltimore Sun. With $150M+ in funding to date, recognition from Forrester as best-in-class in brand intelligence and numerous awards and honors, joining the ZeroFox team means joining a culture that is committed to excellence and growth. That means committing to the success of each of our employees so you can be the best version of yourself on the best team. If you’re ready to join a team that is mission-oriented, customer-focused, collaborative and dedicated, you’ve come to the right place.
Equal Opportunity, Diversity & Inclusion
We aim to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We embrace inclusion and ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other personal characteristic.
See more open positions at IDExperts
Something looks off?